History lesson: Reagan's 1986 tax reform

Raised corporate taxes, closed loopholes.

Truthfully, I’d actually be happy with a flat tax given that currently the lower down in class you are, the higher taxes you end up paying thanks to massive loopholes the wealthy exploit.

Advertisements

One response to “History lesson: Reagan's 1986 tax reform

  1. I guess it depends on who proposes it, and how it works. The flat rate state income tax proposed by the frosh Repub in the AZ lege (read “tea”) will raise the tax on the 98% of AZ citizens who report less than 200K in income, lower it for the other 2%. When that fact got out for public reaction, he tabled it, said he’ll try again in 6 months or so.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s